Silk Family Law is a boutique family law firm founded in 2010 and ranked consistently by the leading independent legal guides as top tier (Legal 500) and band one (Chambers) since inception. Many of the firm’s partners and senior associates are also highlighted individually within the guides.
With offices in Newcastle, North Yorkshire and Leeds and consulting rooms in York and London, Silk is rooted in the North with clients nationally. We are often sought out by high net worth clients based in London and the Home Counties, who are looking discreet, premium and bespoke advice, guidance and representation at a fair price.
As highly specialised and experienced professionals advising exclusively on family law and disputes arising from separation and divorce, as well as nuptial agreements, we collaborate with other legal, financial and property experts and work in partnership as an extended team of trusted advisors so all our clients can benefit from a seamless and holistic service.
Working at Silk Family Law
Our team of family law practitioners is skilled in advising and representing clients in all aspects of matrimonial and family law cases, including financial and children matters. We have particular expertise in dealing with complex financial issues, including business assets, farming businesses, trusts and pensions, as well as cases with an international dimension.
We are widely acknowledged for the quality of the work undertaken, and the experience, mentoring and support provided by the Partners and Associates to team members. It is a highly professional, highly collegiate and deeply caring organisation. At the same time the quality of the entire team, and the non-hierarchical ways of working, mean individuals thrive, develop exceptional careers and enjoy their work.
Silk has a genuinely flexible approach to hybrid working, supported by a clear set of Principles and ways of working. This means that individual working patterns are developed based on individual, client and team needs, balancing time in the office and working from home if people so choose.
Our offices are beautiful, professional and inspiring spaces for the team and for clients.
The role requires:
- A Solicitor with 2-5 years PQE
- A sound all-round knowledge of family law and procedure
- High standard of drafting skills
- Experience and confidence in meeting with clients and advising face to face and remotely
- Excellent standard of written and spoken English
- Experience of advocacy in the family court and/or in other public speaking environments
- Confident to run own caseload as well as assisting senior members of the team
- Excellent time management skills; punctual, well-prepared and able to plan work
- Operating to the highest standards of client care
- Confident in developing relationships with other professionals and referrers as part of personal and firm-wide business development plan
- Active contribution to marketing, PR and brand-building activities
You will bring:
- A strong track record of delivering client service and professional advice
- A highly professional and collegiate approach to working with clients and colleagues
- Highly competitive salary based on experience
- Flexible and hybrid working, with your office/ home working pattern tailored to your needs
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Contributory pension
- Exceptional professional development
- A professional, caring and supportive culture
- Beautiful and inspiring offices and client meeting spaces